I am moved by the beauty and structure of lines and their complex, expressive interactions.
I am drawn to
- the fiber and threads that lines are made of;
- the points where lines meet, the shapes they enclose;
- the interesting and always surprising ways points, lines, and shapes aggregate in a drawing;
- the life each drawing breathes into its interior space and in the space around it on the paper;
- the illusion of symmetry and order which belies the improvisation that goes into each drawing.
Form is content. Not surprising I would think that, of course, given my interest and background in theoretical linguistics!